Develop IoT Application using Azure Services
Detailed Comparision with SAP Business One »»
Special Offer, Learner Pack = 8 Books + Software
Free, 6 Books + Software
Pay only for 2
Table of Contents
This book is best read along with "Develop Azure Application". The reason is, you need a complete understanding of Azure services and how to use them before you get started with developing IoT application.
Chapter 1: Introduction to IoT and Azure
- Introduction to IoT
- Where does Azure and IoT merge?
- What are the benefits when an IoT solution gets connected to Azure Cloud Platform?
- What does Azure offer when creating an IoT solution?
- What are the things needed to build an IoT solution with Azure?
- What is Internet of Things ?
- Characteristics of a typical IoT solution are:
- IoT and its Applications
- Outline of a typical IoT solution
- Introduction to Windows 10 IoT Core Features of Windows 10 IoT Core
- What is Raspberry Pi?
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Hardware
- How to set up your computer to begin developing an IoT solution
Chapter 2: Build IoT solution using Event Hubs and Stream Analytics Services
- Introduction to Event Hubs
- Working with Azure Event Hubs
- Creating an Event Hub
- Configuring the Event Hub
- Create Shared Access Policies
- Event Publisher Application - Create a Console Application
- How Event Publishers publish events to Event Hub
- Monitoring Event Hubs
- Event data
- Create an Event Hub using the Azure portal
- Create Device Simulator to send events to Event Hubs using .Net application
- Event hub Partitions
- Partition Keys
- Partition Ids
- Multiple Receivers and Consumer Groups
- Creating a Consumer Group
Chapter 3: Creating IoT solution using Stream Analytics Services
- Competing Consumer vs Partitioned Consumer pattern
- Consuming events from the EventHubs
- Why EventProcessorHost?
- Processing Event Hubs from Azure Cloud Service
- Creating prerequisites
- Creating Storage Account
- Create a SQL Database
- Create a class that implements the IEventProcessor interface
- Program the WorkerRole.cs to utilize the EventProcessorHost capabilities
- Getting Started with Azure IoT services: Stream Analytics
- Common Scenarios for Real-Time Analytics
- Creating a Stream Analytics job
- Defining Inputs
- Defining Output
- Defining the Query
- Start a Stream Analytics job for real time processing