Frequently Asked Questions
Will I learn how to develop a complete ERP application which includes - Finance Module - Manufacturing - Stock Management, - Purchase - Sales Module?
Are the Manufacturing, Purchase and sales modules are integrated with Financial module?
Will I l learn how to develop a complete ASP.Net application based on multi-layered architecture which includes Data access Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer?
Will I learn how to create a database schema for an ERP application?
Will I get the complete source code?
Do I have to pay the royalty for the source code?
Can I import the source code directly into the VS 2015?
Is the Source code completely explained?
Have you used any wizards to develop the applications?
Can I move the application to the cloud?
What is the print quality of the books?
A. Paper 80 GSM printed on high quality printing machines.
Is the Chart of Accounts created in the Financial module of the industry standard?
Are the contents of the books structured logically?
Can beginners read the books?
What is the content distribution?
A. Content distribution is 20% theory and 80% practical.
Will I learn GridView control (.Net 4.5) indetail?
Will I learn Master � Detail page using Gridview and DetailsView Control?
Will I learn working of the different departments in an organization?
Will I learn different business processes and detailed screen design for every business process in an organization?
Will I learn the architecture of an ERP application?
Will I learn how to split an application for an easily maintainability?
Will I learn to develop a complete Financial Accounting Module?
Will I get Hands-on exercises on Azure?
Will I get a detailed explanation and code examples for important topics like Storage, VMs, Cloud Services, SQL Database, Azure Service Bus?
Will I be able to configure the Application to use Azure Service Bus?
Will I build Azure Application that works with SQL Database?
Will I be able to create a Cloud Service Application in Visual Studio and Deploy Cloud Service to Azure?
Will I be able to create a Storage Account and access it from the application?
Will I learn using Azure tables, blobs and Queues from a .Net application?
Will I learn using Queues to communicate between web role and worker roles in Cloud Service?
Will I learn using Azure Service Bus Queues in an Azure application?
Will I learn using Azure Service Bus Topics in an Azure application?
Will I learn accessing instances of web roles and worker roles remotely?
Will I learn upgrading Cloud Service deployments?
Will I learn to create a VM and attaching a data disk to a Windows Virtual Machine?
1. I am a software developer. Will I learn how to setup a Client/Server network by reading this book ?
A. Yes. All the aspects of setting up a Client/Server network like, establishing the Work group and Domain Model, Installing OS on the Network, Concept of Active Directory Services, Setting up DNS Server and DHCP server for automatically allocating IP addresses to clients, Installing SQL server on a network, Creating a Service Security Account and Setting up Windows authentication are explained.
2. Will I learn how to develop a database app based on object oriented programming ?
A. Yes. You will create a class and use the same to implement transactions. This will clearly teach you how to use OOPs in a database application.
3. Will I learn about three tier architecture. Will I be able to develop a app based on three tier architecture ?
A. You will learn how to identify the three layers, business layer, presentation layer and data layer. Later, you will develop the application based on these principles.
4. Will I learn how and when to use Data Commands ?
A. Yes. You will learn using Data Commands in the following instances.
To work with stored procedures that return a result set, which can be manipulated. And to access data that is not appropriate for storing in a dataset, such as data with a short life cycle. To access read-only data, that is, data that will not be updated.
5. Is it possible to integrate the Accounting and Inventory applications given in the books ?
6. Will I learn about the ways that are available to access data using ADO.NET?
A. Yes. There are two ways of accessing data using ADO.NET.
a. Using a DataReader.
b. Using a DataSet
The steps involved in both the situations are explained.
7. Does the book contain the logic required to establish a connection with the DataSource?
Yes. You will learn how to establish the connection and use it in the form load method. You will set the datasource and initial catalog properties to establish the connection.
8. Will I learn how to execute a Command?
Yes. You will learn how to Execute the command (Select statement) with the Command object.
9. Will I learn how to create a DataAdapter?
Yes. After establishing the connection, you will instantiate the DataAdapter, and Set DataAdapter command properties.
10. Are the techniques of creatig and using a DataSet explained?
Yes. You will learn all about DataSet which is a part of the Disconnected Layer of ADO.Net.
11. Will I learn how to and when to use a DataReader ?
Yes. DataReader is used to retrieve data from a DataSource in a read only and forward only mode. You will learn the full usage of this feature.
12. Will I learn how to navigate through a DataSet?
Yes. You will learn all the aspects of array like navigation possible in DataSet.
13. Will I learn how to update a Database using DataSets and DataAdapters?
Yes. Disconnected Datasets update the Database by using a Cached, Batch Optimistic method. DataSets work independently of a connection and changes are updated via the DataAdapter.
14. Will I learn how to detect and handle changes in the data of a Dataset?
Yes. You will learn how to use the four methods, GetChanges, HasChanges, RejectChages, and AcceptChanges to detect and handle the changes in the DataSet.
15. Is it possible to call a Stored Procedure using ADO.NET. If so, is it explained?
Yes. It is possible. And it is explained in detail.
16. Is it possible to call a stored procedure with parameters using ADO.NET?
Yes. It is possible. And it is explained in detail with appropriate examples.
17. Is the Accounting and Inventory Application discussed in the book menu driven ?
Yes, you will design and program a complete Menu Driven Application.
18. Will I get to know how to move a particular row in a dataset based on a selection in the listbox?
Yes, based on the selection in the listbox by the user, a particular row can be moved. You will use a binding context object to acheive the same.
19. Is it possible to traverse a dataset and populate the listbox?
Yes. You will learn how to populate the listbox on the fly.
20. I am a programmer and do not have an accounting or inventory background. Does the book cover Accounting and Inventory basics?
21. What is the scope of the application which I will develop using the book?
Complete Accounting transactions which occur in a company can be recorded and all the standard accounts can be maintained. Standards reports can be generated.
22. Can I create a Standard Chart of Accounts which will be accepted by Accounting Departments?
23. Can I create more accounts under the major Groups listed in the Chart of Accounts?
24. How many levels of Accounts can I allow the user to create in the Applicaiton?
No Limit. A suitable logic is adopted and explained.
25. Can I design a standard interface for all the transactions?
Yes. A master form is used to ensure uniformity.
26. Does the interface for data entry include all types of data entry controls?
Yes. It includes Text Box, List Box, Combo Box, Grid and Labels, etc.
27. Can I learn how to enforce validations while accepting data.?
Yes. You will do this using Code and not by Wizards.
28. I was told that in a Accounting and Inventory Application I will have to implement double entry rules in many places. Is this discussed in the book?
29. Is the application ready for pratical use as I develop it.?
30. Will I be able to program Add, Modify and Delete option in a single form?
31. Can I get to know complete Class development right from Header to Class Services?
32. Can I get to know what are the updations in each transaction?
Yes. All updations are discussed with the relevant tables and forms.
33. Does the book discuss in detail about programming the transactions?
Yes. About 20 steps are involved including, event procedures, functions, etc.
34. Do I get the logics for preparing the Trial Balance, General Ledger, Cash Book, Income Statement, Stock Ledger, Daybook, Registers?
35. Will I become proficient in programming an Accounting and Inventory Applicaiton?
36. Is it possible to create accounts under the main sales account?
Yes. Use the Groups create option.
37. Can we enter narration's for each row of data entry?
Yes. Choose the N button for entering narration.
38. Is it possible to enter multiple debit and credit entries in a single transaction?
Yes. It is shown clearly.
39. Is it possible to have a narration for a entire transaction?
Yes. Choose the Narration button. This applies to all entry forms.
40. Do I learn how to display the balance amount of a particular account when selected in a Form?
41. Will I learn to alert for negative Cash Balance?
Yes. For any account created under Cash In Hand, you will learn to program an alert for Negative Cash Balance.
42. Can I learn how to create MDI applications?
43. Will I learn how to program using a disconnected architecture.?
44. Will I learn how to use crystal reports to generate reports?
45. Will I learn how to display a dialog and based on the user's selection display the appropriate report?
46. Will I learn how to maintain Units of measurement for goods in the Inventory Application?
47. Does the book teach me how to display a Menu as soon as the Application starts?
48. Will I get the physical database schema for Accounting and Inventory Applications?
49. The Inventory Package I develop using the book will be of commercial standard or a learning app?
Yes. It can be used in a commercial environment.
50. Will I learn the relationship between the form, class, and the database?
51. Can I learn how to program opening the form from the dialog form?
52. How many steps are involved in Class development? Will I get to learn all ?
There are five steps. You will learn Adding a Class, Declarations, Property Procedures, Class Constructor and coding the Class Services.
53. How many menu options are present in an Accounting Application? Does the book teach all?
There are 15 menu options. Yes, the book teaches all.
54. Will I get to learn the techniques involved in ensuring Error Free data entry?
Yes. You will learn how to use Disable and Enable properties of the controls to ensure Error Free Data Entry.
55. Will I create the Class using Wizards or Hard Coding which all good programmers use?
No wizards are used.
56. Will I learn how to implement Procedure Overloading and Procedure Overriding in a database applicaiton?
57. Will I learn how to accept multiple rows of data in the application?
Yes. You will use the Grid to program this.
58. Will I be able to undertake ERP related projects with this knowledge?
59. What are the advantages of possessing domain expertise?
The simple answer is that many hours of design time in executing software projects are saved. What others would take days to design you will run through it in quick time.
60. Are these accounting or programming books?
These are basically programming books and teach programming. However, accounting and inventory topics are covered to ensure that the reader is well versed with basics, before going on to develop the application.
61. Does the information provided in these books fully satisfy application development requirements?
Certainly. Includes, master database design, transactions design, placing of controls and programming them, programming acceptance of data, programming validations, and programming reports.
62. What are the topics a programmer needs to know about accounting?
A programmer needs to be well versed with concept of accounts, different types of transactions, chart of accounts, double entry system, types of reports and formats. All these are explained in the books.
63. Do i get Database design, logics, code, validations to be performed in an accounting application in these books?
64. I am always confused with which account should be credited and which account to be debited. Do these books solve this puzzle?
Yes. Page No.:12, of "Develop an Accounting Package using Visual Basic" andPage No.: 39, of "Develop an Inventory Management Application using Microsoft's Visual Basic" and Page No.:114 of "Database Programming using Visual Basic.Net and SQL Server 2000". clearly explain how this should be handled.
65. What are the reports i can generate from these books?
Daybook, Registers (Purchase Register, Sale Register, Payment Register, Sale Register etc..), General Ledger, Trial Balance, Income Statement (P/L account), Stock register, Stock Ledger, Cash Book, Bank Book.
66. What are the common transactions in an accounting application?
The transactions include Purchase Invoice, Sales Invoice, Purchase Returns, Sales Return, Receipt Note, Delivery Note, Cash Purchase, Cash Sales, Receipts (Cash and Cheque), Payment Vouchers(Cash and Cheque), Journal Voucher.