The Open Source Client/Server Accounting System.
Accounting Software Features
Entering and maintaining Supplier details. Categorization of Suppliers areawise, productwise and in any fashion you like. Entering of opening balance for account management. Recording of Payments and Purchases by Suppliers. Preparing and Generating Supplierwise Purchase and Payment Registers.
Entering and maintaining Customer details. Recording of Sales and Reciept of Payments made by Customers. Categorization of Customers. Preparation and Generation of Sales reports.
Creation of cash accounts and petty cash accounts, recording of petty cash expenses. Maintaining Main Cash Account. Recording and Tracking of Cash Payments and Cash Receipts. Generation of Cash Book.
Bank Accounts Management
Creation of Bank Accounts. Classification of Bank Accounts.
Depositing Checks and Issuing Checks. Preparing Bank Book, Bank Wise. Checking Bank Balances. Monitoring Bank Account Position while recording transactions.
Chart of accounts Setup
This Accounting Software is built on a sophisticated chart of accounts template. This chart is a classification of ledger accounts in a heirarchy of groups and sub groups. The application you will have will allow the end user to classify the correct group.
In an organization, it is not enough if we record the payments and receipts. Creation of liability accounts, asset accounts, investment accounts, loan accounts, capital accounts and revenue accounts is necessary. The application you will have can handle all these entries.
We need to record other transactions like, adjustment entries, withdrawals in capital accounts, closing entries at the end of the year. And also to record transactions that do not fall into any of the special categories. For example, purchase of postal material for $1800/-and office supplies $800/- from Gram Supplies on Credit. And, a service providing placement services, needs to record fees which will be collected next month.
Record all types of expeneses including expenses incurred by using cash and check. Cash Purchases and Payments to earlier purchases and other payments towards expenses already incurred.
This application allows the end user to record returns of goods which are returned due to various reasons. This is reflected in the General Ledger, Trial Balance, Income Statement.
The application generates the Trial Balance, which helps to check the equality of debit and credit balances of the accounts. All accounts with their closing balances are displayed. The accounts having debit balance in one column and credit balances in another column are shown. A separate is included for displaying the opening balances of the accounts. The totals of each column are calculated and displayed.
The Income Statement (also P - L Account) displays the financial performance of the company for an accounting period. This report consists of the accounts belonging to income and expenses category. The debit side (expenditure side) reflects all expenses and the credit side (expense side) reflects all income. The surplus of income over the expenses is the profit for the period. If the expense is more, then the income statement is loss. The Gross Profit is also calculated and displayed.
Double Entry Rules
Double entry management is the core of any Accounting System. Double entry as we all know is based on the principle of duality. Bill Gates listed double entry as one of the top twenty discoveries of human intellect along with the eraser. The DE system rules that every transaction entry must be recorded with atleast one debit and one credit. The accounting and inventory system is so designed that after all transactions the system as a whole always remains in balance.
Accounting Software Client Server Issues
Network Administrator and DBA role(You will learn all the skills listed below with the books.)
Accounting Software Developer tasks.
- Install a Network Operating System on a Network.
- Install SQL Server 2000 on a Client / Server Network.
- Install and setup Active Directory Services on a Client / Server Network.
- Setup a DNS server.
- Setup a DHCP Server.
- Assign IP Addresses.
- Secure the Databases.
- Setup Windows Authentication for end users to use.
- Setup SQL Server Authentication for end users.
- Create Logins.
- Define Database Roles.
- Define Server Roles.
- Establish Connection with SQL Server over a Network.
- Setup SQL Server Security.
Accounting Software Transactions (Sample)
- Design the database using SQL Server.
- Create a Database.
- Create a Table using SQL Script.
- Create Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
- Create Indexes, Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes.
- Create a Connection Object.
- Create a Command Object, its Properties and Methods.
- Create a Recordset Object.
- Access SQL Server Database using ADO.
- Retreive Data From SQL Server Over a Network.
- Create Multiple Command Objects using a Single Connection.
- Specify a OLEDB data provider.
- Pass Connection Information.
- Insert a New Record.
- Update and Delete a record using the Execute Method.
- Execute a Stored Procedure using a Command Object.
- Create a Input Parameter.
- Create a Output Parameter.
- Create Dynamic Recordsets, Keyset Recordsets, Static Recordsets, Forward Only Recordsets.
- Create Client Side Only Recordsets.
- Assign a lock for Client Side Recordsets.
- Navigate and Bind Controls to a Recordset.
- Retrieve Fields of Recordsets.
- Manually Populate Controls.
- Create a Project.
- Create a Menu.
- Create Constants.
- Implement relationships using Key Fields.
- Create a Class for developing a database application.
- Implement Object Oriented Programming is used in a visual basic/SQL Environment.
- Use Datagrid.
- Create and Use Standard Modules.
- Implement Chart of Accounts.
- Program the Form_Load() event procedure.
- Program the Form_Activate() event procedure.
- Program the Cancelbutton.
- Setup and Validate the data entered in the text box control.
- Add a Class to the Project.
- Write Property Procedures.
- Write Get Property Procedure.
- Write Let Property Procedure.
- Use the Class_Initialize Event.
- Write code to Commit Transaction.
- Write code to Rollback Transaction.
- Ms. Milton invested $10,000/- in business.
- Rented an office space paying two months rent in advance $800/-.
- Purchased fax machine for $4,200/-cash.
- Purchased office equipment from m/s Vinod equipment for $3,000/- paying $1,500/- by cash and the rest the following month.
- Purchased postage material for $1,800/-and office supplies $800/-from M/S Gam supplies on credit.
- Paid $ 480 for one-year insurance policy with effect from April-1.
- Paid M/s Gam supplies $1000/- of the total amount due 2,600/-.
- Provided placement for a student and collected a fee of $1,400/-.
- Paid secretary two weeks salary $600/-.
- Accepted $1,000/- as an advance from two candidates, promising to place them shortly.
More transactions, inlcuding updations and forms to be used are covered in the book.
Over 700 programmers around the world are deploying this Accounting Application.