Title:Develop Ethereum Blockchain Application
Prev Book Contents » Next Book Contents » Buy print book »
Table of Contents
The objective of this book is to teach development of ethereum blockchain decentralized application, or dApp from scratch. Using this step-by-step guide with code examples and written instructions you can develop blockchain application in no time.
Chapter : 1. An Introduction to Blockchain Technology
- What Is a Blockchain?
- When to use Blockchain Applications?
- How Blockchain Applications work?
- What is Dapp and its Architectural view?
- Comparison between Web application and Dapp
- What is Ethereum Blockchain and Ethereum networks?
- Main network
- Test network
- Private network
- Ganache app and cli
- Ethereum nodes
- What is a mining, gas and ether
- Ethereum accounts
- Contract accounts
- Externally owned accounts
- What is a Smart contract?
- What is solidity programming?
- What is web3.js?
- What are digital tokens?
- What are digital wallets?
- Most popular tools to be used to develop Blockchain application
- Domain specific Blockchain applications
- ERP, Fintech, IoT, Energy, Supply chain and Logistics and Industrial and Manufacturing
Chapter : 2. Tools and Technologies to Develop Ethereum Dapps
- Setting up the Ethereum Blockchain Development Environment
- Creating a Truffle Project using a Truffle Box
- Writing a Smart Contract
- Compiling and Migrating the Smart Contract
- Testing the Smart Contract
- Creating a User Interface and interact with the Smart Contract using Web3.js
- Interacting with the Dapp in a browser
Chapter : 3. Developing Smart Contracts with Solidity Programming for Ethereum Blockchain Application
- Structure of a contract
- Best practices to follow while developing a smart contract
- Data types and data structures
- State variables
- Functions and Function modifiers
- Do.. while
- Mapping construct
- Sending Ether & Events
- Smart Contract Interaction and Inheritance
Chapter : 4. Smart contracts testing and deployment
- How are smart contracts tested?
- How to set up a testing environment with truffle
- Testing Smart Contracts with truffle framework
- The 5 things that you must test in any contract
- Steps to deploy smart contracts on to the Ethereum Blockchain
- Deploy smart contracts onto the Ropsten testnet using MetaMask and Remix IDE
- Smart contracts deployment using Geth and Solidity compiler onto the Rinkeby testnet
Let us discuss a few learning objectives of this book